Responsive Grants

Responsive Grants are one way we partner with and support a broad array of communities and organizations as they are best suited to understand their priority needs and to create solutions that improve health. Driven by community voice, Responsive Grants are open, nimble, and responsive to emerging health issues and needs. These grants allow flexibility to test innovative ideas and different approaches to challenges and share what we and our partners are learning from the projects supported. Click here for a list of current Responsive Grant partners.

Check this page for funding opportunities coming in 2022!

Call For Ideas

This funding opportunity is not open at this time.

At the Health Foundation, we define health inequities as differences or disparities in health status between socially advantaged and disadvantaged/marginalized groups resulting from systematic and unfair access and availability of resources and opportunities. Factors driving health inequities include, but are not limited to structural racism, discrimination, generational poverty, neighborhood segregation, and unequal access to economic opportunities, high quality education, nutritious food, and culturally responsive care. While the twin pandemics of COVID and systemic racism have further revealed the depth of these inequities, our response as a region can present a path forward in collective action to invest in community health and combat injustice.


Through issuing this Call for Ideas, we are looking to advance our efforts in innovative, partnered work that reimagines systems, programs, and services to disrupt inequities and rebuild stronger, healthier communities. A central focus of Call for Ideas is to respond to community needs and inequities central to or worsened by the twin pandemics and support the path to rebuilding and reimagining systems in more equitable ways.

We understand that only 20% of health occurs in the medical setting. The other 80% is influenced –often negatively– by systems and policies that create inequities, neighborhoods that lack needed resources, and power imbalances that prevent communities from having control of their own health. We also know that there are leaders and community members working on the ground to achieve change in these areas, but many are untapped and/or under-resourced. Together, we can change that!



If you have any questions, please feel free to contact Monica Brown, Senior Program Officer, at (585) 258-1710, or via email at or Hannah Stark, Associate Program Officer, at (585) 258-1703.

Contact Us

We’d love to hear from you

Join Our Mailing List

Select list(s) to subscribe to

By submitting this form, you are consenting to receive marketing emails from: Greater Rochester Health Foundation, 255 East Ave, Rochester, NY, 14604, You can revoke your consent to receive emails at any time by using the SafeUnsubscribe® link, found at the bottom of every email. Emails are serviced by Constant Contact